Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Lots of stuff, no time, what is a blog to do?

As I expected, I have had no time to blog to the world about my latest misadventures in Europe. And really, I shouldn't be spending my time writing the perfect post. Rather, I should be meeting the locals, eating the food, drinking the wine, seeing the sights. But alas, in all of these hedonistic pursuits, the blog falls by the wayside.

So, for the sake of keeping up, here is the very fastest summary I can put together to keep this blog current.

When we last left our traveler. . .

I went to Bordeaux. The wine is tasty, and the vinyards are really pretty. A big thanks to Fred and her brother for hosting me and letting me borrow their car.

Then I went to Avila, Spain for one whole day. Great city walls from Medival times. Watch for the photos. They will be up one day!

After that I went to Zaragoza. More on that later.

Then I found myself in Barcelona, where my girlfriend (Courtney) met up with me. Gaudi was on some serious hard drugs. Had to be. But I, for one, think he should be sainted. Then again I'm Jewish and don't know a thing about saints. So there you have it. Barcelona also featured a puppet dancing flamenco, real flamenco dancers, great food, and yet again, another great host. Esther, you are the best, and the bunk beds suited me and Courtney just great.

After Barcelona Courtney and I went to Zaragoza to visit my cousins Matt and Ben, Ben's wife Alicia, and their new son Samuel. He is the cutest little guy. And, at only 2, has a better command of both English and Spanish than I do. Wait for the pictures on him, because he really is something.

After Zaragoza, we caught a flight to Bergamo, Italy. This random city landed on the itenerary because of the cheap flight from Zaragoza. We were lucky that it had a charming old city to explore. So that lasted about an hour.

We then went to Cinque Terra, five cities on the italian riviera. Paradisio. Again, wait for the pictures.

And now I am in Florence! Nice town, super expensive, especially if you don't get your bus ticket validated. But the food is good, the art is better, and the architecture is out of this world.

More to come. Tuscany, Rome, Pompeii, and Prague are all still to come. Woo hoo!

(PS If there are a lot if mispeelings, it is because the italian spell checker is virtually worthless to me.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gaudi wasn't on drugs, he was on donkey...

From the Gaudi Wikipedia:
Gaudí found himself unable to play with friends his age because of rheumatism. Because he was in considerable pain, he was rarely able to walk on foot and was forced to ride a donkey when he wanted to venture from his home.

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DANG IT, Joseph!! You're my Go2Man...then, ya leave me here in NYC for the wild, blue, yonder...I have NO one to SASS any more...AND NOW, I don't even have an updated blog to read....WHAT THE HELL?! (just felt like sassin' ya via a blog post)...

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home