Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Why does looking for an apartment suck so much?


I've recently been subjecting myself to Craigslist ad(s)-nauseum, heating discussions with my girlfriend, angst over my future, budget, and well-being, and an overall increased stress level. Why? Because I am looking for an apartment.

Why does it suck so much to look for an apartment?

I think because it feels, at least to me, that there is never anything out there. And when you do find something through an ad that has the right size, location and ammenities, you show up to find shag carpeting, mental institution decor, and the smell of dead old ladies (yes, this has actually happened to me).

And another thing, why are land lords so damn strange?! I've never met one I feel comfortable with in any way. I've had land lords that live thousands of miles away, that mumble and have greasy hair, that are a few cards short of a full deck, that seem to be in the mob, and, after three years, still couldn't call me by my name. It seems reasonable that since the tenant-land lord relationship is so basic, so high in Maslow's hierarchy, that there would be a kind of bond there. But nope. Have you ever had a good relationship with your land lord?

I guess I'm done venting. Oh, and if you know of any good one or two bedroom apartments in the Rockridge or Elmwood area, that are between $1200 and $1800 per month and take dogs, that'd be good to know.

1 Comments:

Blogger ismateo said...

hey, what's wrong with shag carpeting?

the verification word to post this is 'raypjo'. i don't like the sound of that.

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home